Skip to content
WESTERN RAPTORS RUGBY CLUB
Codes of conduct are an essential part of sport. They outline the standards set out for your administrations, coaches, players, and spectators.
The code is derived from the NSW Rugby Union Code of Ethics and the Australian Sports Commission. The code is designed with the following in mind:
To play the game for the enjoyment of players with sportsmanship always emphasised.
Forming camaraderie whilst maintaining physical fitness and to encourage participation.
To remind administrators, coaches, and referee’s that rugby must be administrated, taught, and provided for the good of all who wish to play the game.
Provide the opportunity to meet new people and establish lifelong friendships.
Ensuring basic skills and the laws of Rugby are imparted to all.
- Always play the game by the rules
- Value safety, fair play and welfare above personal prestige and gain
- Never argue with an official. If I disagree with a decision, I will inform the captain, coach, or manager during a break or after the game.
- Control my emotions to the best of my ability.
- Be a good sport and applaud all good play whether they are made by my team or the opposition.
- Treat all players in my sport as I would like to be treated.
- Never take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
- Participate for my own enjoyment and benefit.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background, or religion.
- Understand that bullying and harassment is unacceptable behaviour at the Western Raptors Rugby Club and will not be tolerated.
- Thank the opposition and officials at the end of the game.
- Cooperate with my coach, teammates, and opponents.
- Never verbally abuse an official or sledge an opponent.
- Remember our Raptors conflict resolution process of using the chain of command. No 1, In house team management. No 2, Club Coach. No 3, Executive committee.
GAME AND TRAINING DAY
- Ensure that you are always dressed in the correct training and playing gear for all sessions and games.
- Be punctual to all games. You are expected to be at the grounds no less than 1 hour before the gamecommences. If you arrive late and without notice, you can expect to be on the bench should there be afull squad.
- You will be provided phone numbers for your coaches and manager for anything team related, including club updates.
- If for some reason you are not able to attend either training or games, you must contact your manager or coach at your earliest convenience. This would ensure your spot is secured due to circumstances. Failure to do this would mean selection for your position will not be safe.
- You are required to help with all equipment at both training and match days and equipment should be looked after and cared for by the whole team.
- Always thank your coaches and managers after each training session and game.
- After trainings and games, you are required to keep the facilities in a neat and orderly fashion.
- I understand that whilst at the premises of our sponsors (The Bidwill Hotel) I will conduct myself according to the rules set out by (The Bidwill Hotel). Failure to follow these rules will be a direct breach of the clubs code of conduct and therefore a matter addressed by the Executive of the Western Raptors Rugby Club.
- Show respect for the opponents. Without them there would be no game.
- Condemn the use of violence in all forms.
- Verbal abuse toward a match official, opponent, Management or visiting spectator will not be tolerated.
- Coaches and Managers are human and will require your utmost support with decisions regarding all matters of the team.
- Respect the referee’s decisions. If there is any concern about a referee’s decision or any other aspect ofthe game, it should be raised with the coach and management staff only. Under no circumstances is the official’s honesty or judgement being questioned in public.
- Ensure we leave facilities neat and tidy.
- Follow the Western Raptors policy on bullying and harassment. Any such act will not be tolerated and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Help to make Rugby a pleasurable experience for all.
- Remember that all administrators, coaches, managers, referee’s, and other match officials are volunteers, and give up their time to help promote Rugby.
THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Compliment and encourage all participants in an objective and courteous manner. Condemn unsporting behaviour and promote fair play and respect for all opponents. Emphasize the spirit of the game rather than concentrate on negatives. As Officials, set the example by role modelling behaviour, which is positive and supportive and demonstrates integrity and fairness. Remember, the committee you set the example. Your behaviour should be positive and supportive. You are a role model. Be responsible for the conduct of players, spectators. Accept responsibility for the safety and welfare of players, referees, and officials above all else. Be consistent, objective, and courteous when making decisions. Give all people a “fair go” regardless of their gender, ability, nationality or religion.
When a player is yellow carded, he will be replaced and will not return to the field. Special dispensation will be given to front rowers if there is a shortage.
This player will be subject to WRRC Constitution, Part 4, Section 14 Discipline process.
Any player who receives more than 1 yellow card will again be subjected to the discipline process where coaching courses and allocation to train a junior team will be considered.
Players must train while suspended. If they do not train – or are not proactive in providing valid reasons for why they cannot train at any time while suspended – they will be asked to reappear before the discipline committee to justify why they should not be deregistered. Suspended players must attend all games whilst suspended and assist in setting up the ground and volunteer their services for other tasks. Note they are no permitted to run the line or water or coach.
BE LOUD – BE PROUD – BE POSITIVE